Ever wanted to know the real secret to a happy retirement?
TV legend Kay McGrath gives her insights at a very special free event at Brookland this month, while a panel of top industry experts will help you discover how to thrive!
An award-winning journalist, Ms McGrath is also a passionate seniors advocate, sharing her views on how to care for your physical and mental wellbeing as you age.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Hosted by Brookland Retirement Village, the free “Thrive in your Retirement’’ information session on Tuesday, 20 April will take the mystery out of everything you need to consider before moving into a retirement village.
It will also delve into some of the bigger questions about making the most of this next exciting chapter of your life.
Not only does Kay have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share with retirees, we’ve assembled some of the country’s foremost authorities in law, home care and downsizing.
Joining Ms McGrath on the panel will be Reside Communities CEO Glen Brown, Millerson Dufek Lawyers Principal Nica Millerson, Five Good Friends CEO Simon Lockyer and Declutter Designs Director Adi Unsworth.
- How contracts work, including cooling-off periods and protection for residents under the Retirement Villages Act
- The different models of home care and support available in retirement and your options
- Top tricks for successfully downsizing in retirement, from putting together a realistic decluttering plan, collating personal possessions and setting up new spaces without any stress
- New versus established retirement village options
- Reside Communities’ renowned people-first approach, and how listening to what people want – instead of just guessing or deciding for them – is at the heart of everything we do
You’ll also have the opportunity to chat with residents who have already made the transition to retirement community living.
Find out firsthand their impressions of village life, the benefits of low-maintenance living and being a part of a community of like-minded people. There’s also the sense of security as well as the peace of mind offered by access to 24-hour care should you need it.
Information stalls run by local businesses offering a broad range of services will be set on the day, providing even more information as you consider taking the next steps.
HOW TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT
“Thrive in your retirement’’ will be held at Brookland Retirement Village, 18 Romulus Street, on Tuesday, 20 April, from 10am-12 noon. RSVP is essential. To book, phone 0491 252 766 or click here. A complimentary morning tea will also be served.
To learn more about life at Brookland, visit us today.